Saturday, October 30, 2010

It's the little things in life...

that matter the most. It's the season for thanksgiving and grateful hearts. As I was standing at the sink washing the dishes, I was thinking of all the little things in my life that I'm most thankful for today. I thought I should document these thoughts. Maybe, just maybe, if they are in writing they will stay more fresh in my memory.

I am thankful for the sink in our new home. It has a movable neck, a sprayer nozzle and it's a big, deep sink for a rental home. Makes washing those dishes so much easier!

I am thankful for people like Karen and Grandma Janet - people who swear by the beauty and kindness of sending real, tangible mail. Not emails. Not texts. Cards that you have to make a special trip to purchase, letters that you have to take the time and patience to write. Mail that requires a stamp and to be sent through the post office. I received two Halloween cards in the mail today. Made my day!

On that note, I'm thankful to have a husband that understands what real mail means to me. He always lets me be the one to open cards we receive in the mail. It's a little gesture that's so special to me.

I am thankful to have a husband that works so hard for me, never complaining about having to work on Saturdays. I've learned through the years, love isn't demonstrated through posting my photo on his facebook profile or the wallpaper on his cellphone. It's his willingness to work so hard for his family, making sure I have what I need to pursue my dreams and passions.

I am thankful to have two beautiful, bright-eyed nieces to spoil and brag about to all my friends and coworkers. They really filled a void in me and I hope we will remain close always.

I am thankful for my mom and dad. They were always skeptical of what we were doing as we were growing up, making sure we weren't straying from the path, and now I see why. I have a good head on my shoulders, my father's toes (and ankles apparently), my mother's need to give to others and I feel that I turned out alright. It's all because of them.

I am thankful to Monster for my greeting every time I walk in the door. Nobody loves me unconditionally like she does.


These are the little things I think about while I wash my dishes. The important things, people, and places that fill the corners of my mind. I have so much to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment