Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"My girls"

Yesterday, I stopped by my sisters to drop off some blueberries that I had picked over the weekend. Sophia loves pretty much all fruit, so I knew she'd like the berries. When I told her what I had so threw her little fists up in the air and shouted "ooohhh, tank you Auntie Tatie!" and immediately requested a bowl of berries. Little things like that make my heart happy. My nieces are the biggest blessings in my life (aside from my husband) and their enthusiasm for life brings me so much joy. If I am this connected with my nieces, imagine how it will be with my own baby one day! Speaking of babies...Sophia told me to have a baby. It should be a boy. And I should name him Popsicle. Then, she changed the name to Juice :) I informed her we'd get right on that! Haha.

Baby Peyton was sleeping, but I woke her up (at the instruction of her mommy of course!) and, after like two little cries, she was just happy to be held and bounced on my knee. What a smiley girl! She's growing up so fast! I asked her how her day was going and if she loves me, and she just looks at me with those big baby blues and grins from ear to ear. It cracks me up to see her sit up by herself, because you can tell she is pretty proud of her accomplishment. She continues to change every day and you can just tell by watching her that she adores her big sister. Peyton, if she could walk/run/crawl, would try to do everything Sophia does. What a special bond that sisters have!

Sophia and I chatted about "life events" like swimming in mommy's little pool or grandma Teresa's big pool or my big pool at my apartment. We discussed the trip she was going to take to the zoo today and all the animals she was going to see. It's so adorable when I ask her a question and, if she doesn't know the answer, she looks at her home to hear the answer then echos it back to me with wide eyes, as if I am hearing it for the first time. Sometimes she gets really close to my face and opens her eyes really wide when she's very excited about what she is talking about. I just love that little face! She asks me about my friend Kristen's daughter Isabella (she calls her "Bella") and about Noah on a regular basis, sometimes even wondering why I didn't bring them along to visit her. It cracks me up because I've never once brought Isabella or Noah with me, but apparently to a 2 year old, that doesn't mean I can't :)

I said my goodbyes to Peyton and gave those chunky cheeks a kiss. Then, as I told Sophia I was leaving, she (being her dramatic little self) threw up her little hand in my face and turned her face away from mine saying "no!" Lindsi is trying to get her to use her words, so I asked if she was mad that I was paying attention to baby sister or if she was sad that I was leaving. She turned back toward me, curled down that pouty bottom lip and said "leaving"...my heart melted! What a precious angel. It's not that she doesn't like to tell me goodbye (trust me, this isn't the first time it's happened) - it's that she doesn't want me to leave. I made some promises about visiting again soon and about the possibility of having some play time together this weekend at Auntie Tatie's big apartment pool (weather permitting). She seemed okay with that and I was on my merry way!

My girls (as I lovingly call them) are so special to me and I love being an Auntie! I am certain there is no better feeling in the world. They definitely help to curb my baby fever, even if it's just for an hour or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment