Saturday, September 26, 2009

a happy note

kevin has been working on trying to fix his xbox for about a week now. the problems it had were not covered by the warranty, so the manufacturer wouldn't fix it for free. for the cost to have it fixed, you might as well just buy a new one. poor guy. he's been living with 2 brand new xbox games for almost a year without a working console to play them on. for me, i love to take pictures, work on design stuff and do crafty-artsy things. he likes to play xbox. i decided today that he just needed to fork out the money to buy a new one. now, he's been playing it all day (in between watching the OSU game of course!).

friends say that buying your husband a video game system is a bad idea. i'll never get any attention, it'll distract him from chores, etc. i think he deserves it. he is so good to me. some days i'll come home, and he'll have cleaned the whole family room or unloaded and loaded the dishwasher. he cooks and he cleans! i am so lucky to be married to someone that adores me as much as kevin does. even if he's had a long day at work or had to sit in traffic for an hour, he's always happy when he walks through the door. he'll go to the store for me whenever i need him to. even late at night when i want ice cream or soda :) he lets me watch my shows and waits to talk to me during commercials--yes, i'm obsessed and i admit it. he'll eat whatever i make for him, even if it's not very good...which is pretty much most the time! he puts up with my tantrums and dramatic flair. he'll even run out the car for me when i need something and don't want to go out there myself. he always takes the trash out. i never even have to ask! it's all the little things that mean so much. i feel so blessed. he makes me so happy. i'm glad i could make him happy today, too. he loves love LOVES his new toy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment