Monday, August 31, 2009

pretty pretty princess



so, now that the wedding is over, my wedding dress just lays there. i haven't even taken it to be cleaned or hung it up. it just lays on our extra bed in the guest room collecting dust. i'm sure my dog monster lays on it while i'm at work, too. every now and then i'll put it on and remember how i felt that day. it's funny considering it was kept a secret for so long and now it's laying out like an old lap blanket. whenever i feel like it, i'll wear it around the house. or dance in it, twirling around like a little girl in a tutu. or i'll just wear it while i'm sitting at the computer or dusting. i just love the way it makes me feel. kevin even caught me cooking in it. it's just too beautiful to never be worn again. i think eventually i'll donate it to brides with breast cancer. atleast someone else will be able to feel beautiful in it too!

4 comments:

  1. I like your style!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is adorable Katie. There is no feeling like the day you put on your wedding dress, so to re-invent that "feeling" (even if it's while cooking) I totally get that! My poor dress has been stuffed in a box since I took it off, still has the dirt stains on the bottom of it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, I have been wanting to take mine out of the box and put it on again! Maybe one of these days I will:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. we should gather all the girls we know, open our dresses and have a photo fest. how FUN!

    ReplyDelete