Monday, September 24, 2012

Ask and ye shall receive.

I used to pray that God would give me the desire to be a better housekeeper. Ever since Kevin and I got married I have felt like I failed him as a wife when it comes to keeping a tidy home. Honestly, I was able to keep up on the kitchen, washing bath towels and sheets, etc., but I would never deep clean often enough. The oven, the shower, the fridge drawers, the carpets were all seriously lacking. I wanted my home to look like those Crate & Barrel catalogs, all shiny and clean. So, I decided to pray about it. They say to bring the desires of your heart before the Lord. Well, I asked and I sure did receive but not in the way I expected! Boy, does He have a sense of humor. Instead of waking up one day with Martha Stewart's overwhelming desire to deep clean, I was given a baby that has an overwhelming desire to put everything in her mouth and an over active barf reflex. I wouldn't say I necessarily want to vaccuum or do baby laundry all the time, but I sure do have to. And the best part? Claire loves the vacuum. She would follow that thing around all day! God is too funny. The jokes on me, I guess!

1 comment:

  1. Don'tcha just love God's sense of humor?! That's what happens when you birth a human vaccum! ;)

    ReplyDelete