Monday, October 15, 2012

Our busy life

As I sit here on my couch staring out the sliding glass door listening to the rain and watching the leaves change color practically before my very eyes, I cannot help but wonder where all the time has gone? Claire turned 10 months old yesterday and she's growing like a weed. I swear keeping her in pajamas that fit is nearly a feat in itself. About a month ago she started veto'ing drinking her bottles during the day because she prefers to feed herself real food instead (can't say that I blame her there) so making sure she's still consuming as close to the recommended amount of formula and fruits/veggies/proteins each day has kept me pretty much busy. 

Speaking of busy, we have been packing our already bulky routine with weekly Mommy & Me Angelfish swim classes all the way out in timbucktwo NE Portland. I chose the class based on the price and "forgot" about the logistics of location. Whoops! It definitely is a trek but luckily it's only once a week on Sundays so the papa can come with and we just make a day of it. The simple mistake of booking them so far away actually turned out to be a nice excuse to make our way into the city once a week.  Not that I should have added anything more to the plate but tomorrow Claire and I start a Mommy & Me Baby Boogie class at the local community center by my work. She's a mover and a shaker whenever music is on so I cannot wait to see her shake her little booty with other babes in the class. Plus, I am excited at the opportunity to meet other moms in the area with babies similar in age to Claire. I will be sure to post a full report!

If Claire wasn't napping, and assuming she could talk/type, I imagine this is what she would tell you:

I know how to climb the stairs. I'm like a little ninja and notice every single time when one of my parents forgets to close the baby gate. As soon as I'm on the 2nd or 3rd step, they come to get me and I crawl as fast as I can to get away. I don't know how but they always catch up to me, take me back downstairs, close the gate and make me cry. One of my favorite games to play with mama is chase. I will start crawling down the hallway and she will crawl after me yelling out that she's gonna get me. I crawl really fast, looking over my shoulder and giggling the whole way. It's really fun! My favorite foods are anything I can feed to myself. I really like scrambled eggs, mandarin oranges, cubed cooked carrots, cubed avocado, cubed bananas, banana bread and black beans. But most of all I like to eat off mama's plate. Sometimes she does not want to share but I just scream until she does. Works like a charm.I just learned to walk holding my push toy for support. It is fun but I still prefer crawling because it's so much faster. Every time mama or papa open the pantry, refrigerator or dishwasher I huff, puff and crawl as fast as I can to get there before it closes. Sometimes I crawl up into the dishwasher, too. Life is good being 10 months old. I already hear mama talking about my first birthday and it's gonna be fun. I just know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment