Saturday, August 25, 2012

He said, she said.

Until I have time to sit down and write anything that can accurately convey the momentous week we have survived with the little miss, I thought it would be fun to share little snippets of the conversations between a mama and papa of an 8-month-old-going-on-2-years:

"So, today I was trying to take a nice shower and I peek out of the curtain to see Claire standing up next to the toilet rubbing her face on the edge of the lid."
"Gross! Good thing I just cleaned it, but still. Babies are so weird."
"Nothing like hopping out of the shower soaking wet to stop your baby from trying to eat pee."
"Haha. Welcome to my world."
"Yeah, so I guess toilet seats go down every time."
"Yep, every time."

"She last got her baby tylenol at about 11am. She seems ok today, but a little cranky. Only wanted to take one nap today so she's had her demon-baby moments, but we survived."
"Yeah, I think she's running a low-grade fever. I'll go get the tylenol."
"On the up side, her diaper rash is pretty much gone."
"Praise Jesus! One less thing to worry about. Thank you, Claire Bear."

"Do you know what else she did today?"
"Oh, geez. What now?"
"I turned around for a split second and she had crawled into the dishwasher!"

"My mom said she was standing up in her crib yesterday."
"Yeah, she's getting strong and tries to pull up on everything so I believe it."
"Guess it's time to lower that mattress."
"I'll go get the allen wrench."

"Look, babe, Claire can feed herself."
"Yeah, if you place three on her tray, she will pick up one at a time."
"I'm surprised she doesn't try to pick them all up at once."
"Yeah, me too. But she does get frustrated when they get soggy and stick to her palms."

"It's like she isn't even the same baby we had a week ago."
"Yeah. Crazy, right? She's growing up way to fast."
"I just look at her and think - where did our baby go?"

No comments:

Post a Comment