Monday, August 13, 2012

Protein?

I tell you what...an 8 month old sure keeps you on your toes. Mix in an 8 month old that specializes in finding the tiniest speck of something non-edible and putting it in her mouth? Brain overload!

Claire ate a bug the other day. She literally ate a bug. We were in the middle of our typical morning routine. I was showering and she was playing on the rug by the sink. Mid-shampoo, I peaked my head around the curtain to witness the little miss pick up and observe a little bug (without my glasses on, it looked like a little beetle or a monstrous ant) crawl between those chubby fingers. I watched her for a minute, half stunned that she picked it up in the first place, and then decided to wash the shampoo out before she did something crazy like eat it. But, then she ate it! In one fell swoop, the bug became a mid-morning snack then she just went on with her life like nothing happened. Yeah, I ate a bug. No big deal. 

Like I said, she keeps me on my toes.


No comments:

Post a Comment