Friday, May 11, 2012

My little reader

A girl after her Grandma B's own heart, Claire already shows her love for books. If Kevin or I sit down to read our current books, we try to make an effort to read out loud to Claire, as it is supposed to help create a wide vocabulary, an interest in words/books and stimulate her imagination while she listens to our voices. Obviously, it's true - she listens intently when her papa reads to her, even if it's one of his scientific smarty-pants books. Every time I reach for one of those hard-back Dr. Suess books, her eyes grow wide as she pulls the pages close to her face to study all the colors and shapes. From what I can tell, my girl is definitely going to be a reader:
Grandma B thought this was her papa's kind of book
Photos from her trip to Barnes and Noble with Grandma B 5/10/12
This makes my heart happy!
Days spent at the local library, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment