Monday, May 14, 2012

My 1st Mother's Day!

Yesterday was one day to celebrate being Claire's mama for the rest of my life. I must say, it felt pretty good to be honored, pampered and catered to. I felt very blessed to be able to partake this year. Even though Claire can't do much to show her love, I know it's there. I feel it in her snuggles, her giggles and the peaceful reassurance she finds when she's in her mama's arms. I feel it when she sees me standing over her crib in the morning and her cry face breaks open into a huge grin. And yesterday, I also saw it in a rare form...she only spit up on me once all day! ONCE! I'll take it! All in all, it was a fabulous day filled with church, lunch on the McMenamins patio in the sun, a family barbecue at my parents (complete with sun and swimming kiddie-pool style), a family walk, homemade ice cream sandwiches and the overflow of love from my husband and daughter. This mama is truly blessed. Not sure how we'll top this Mother's Day, but I can't wait to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment