Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My favorite subject.

It's the question I always jump to when I am chatting it up with an elementary kid - what's your favorite subject in school? As a child, I used to always say art or music or, trying to be funny, recess. Even though I have been out of a structured school setting for three and half years now, in many ways, I still feel like I am school. The subjects and hours have drastically changed and the tests are less tangible, but it's school none the less. Motherhood is my new major and the electives change as often as the diapers. I am currently studying Breastfeeding 101, Infant Nutrition, Biology of Breastmilk, Fashion & Functionality: Baby Edition, Childcare Economics & Budgeting (aka how much babies really cost), The Art of Swaddling and have partaken in my fair share of Sleep Studies. Now if you were to ask me - what's your favorite subject in school? I would have the same answer every time. Claire is my favorite subject. I could and I do study her all day long every day. The slope of her nose, the curve of her ears and the way the hair clings to them. The pout of her lips identical to her papa's. The pattern of her cowlicks gracing both the front hairline and crown of her head intertwined with the slight curls in her wispy fine hair. Her cleft chin playing the role as the perfect resting place for her plump little chipmunk cheeks. The curve of her dainty neck and the intoxicating scent of her milky breath. She is, by far, my most favorite subject. This is one test I am determined to ace.

No comments:

Post a Comment