Saturday, July 30, 2011

Pickles & ice cream!?!

Despite what some believe, the cravings are real. They come out of nowhere, like a thief in the night to steal away your mind with one swift move. I never really believed it, until it happened to me.

Do you know what it's like to want a bag of plain full-on-the-fat, full-on-the-grease Lay's potato chips so badly, you can't think of anything else except getting to that bag of sweet-salty goodness? I do. And last night, I gave in to the beast. Honestly, I have never purchased a bag of potato chips in my life. I don't even really like chips, especially plain potato. Tortilla chips and salsa is usually the extent of my chip enjoyment. But when the cravings happen, they really come on full force. And let me tell you, it's... not... pretty. And it doesn't end there. First it's the chips, then it's the instant Kraft mac-n-cheese (I have a 4-pack in my desk at work) or a Twix bar or even a bowl of sliced cantaloupe or scrambled eggs with toast.

You'd think all these cravings, especially the less-than-healthy ones, would be doing damage on my waistline but nothing's changed. I haven't gained one pound yet. I attribute this in part to my inability to eat very much at one sitting and partly to craving mostly healthy foods. {I don't think I've ever eaten so many salads in my life!} Funny thing is, even though the scale hasn't been creeping up, I'm starting to feel like I am smuggling a bowling ball in my abdomen. There's a heaviness that I've never experienced before. Very odd. Makes me feel a little off-balance sometimes (which isn't good for an already-clumsy person) but then I remember it's just the weight of my little girl and all the discomfort seems to melt away. I love being the cocoon where she gets to grow. I keep her safe and warm, even though I can't hold her in my arms yet. I think that's pretty neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment