Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My little researcher.

Consumer reports were created for people like my husband. People that really consider where their money is going and whether it's money well spent. We didn't dare leave Babies R Us last night without that list they give to new parents about what to register for. Of course, the size 10 font, 2-page list is extensive and most of it isn't really a need, more like a want. However, he was bound and determined to get said list. Not to just browse over or to mentally prepare. Oh no, he wants to look up all the items that we'll register for next Sunday and research the products ahead of time. Which ones are worth the money? What to skimp on and what to splurge on. What brands will last and what products will break within a month. I'm so thankful he's willing to put in the research time because I certainly wasn't going to do it. I'm too busy growing a child annndddd....trying to avoid stretch marks. {Seriously considering taking up stock in Palmer's Cocoa Tummy Butter}.

This whole process has revealed that Kevin and I really are the perfect match. He is always thinking one step ahead of me, something that I am very appreciative of. We like and dislike the same names, the same products, the same prints, the same colors, the same types of baby clothes, the same types of bottles and binky's. In fact, we've already decided on which high chair we want as well as picked out our glass bottles and our bedding if we have a baby boy! I know through all of my husband's thorough research, not only will Baby G get the stuff he/she needs, but quality things that will last, be safe and not cause cancer. Plus, we won't have to clutter up our space with the products that you don't really need. It's a win-win for all!

Operation: Registery is going into effect next Sunday, July 31. Just so happens to be our 2-year anniversary as well. Such happy and welcome changes happening at this point in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment