Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Food woes.

What am I supposed to drink? No soda. No sugary juices. No alcohol (obviously). No crystal light? No G2 (Gatorade Light)? I know they both have chemicals but I am running out of options, people. That only leaves me with water and tea! There's gotta be more to (pregnant) life than just water and tea. Even V8 Splash was a healthy choice I thought due to the blend of fruits and veggies - but nope, the second ingredient is high fructose corn syrup and it's only 10% juice. P.S. Milk is out of the question. Doc was very stern at my last appointment about drinking 2 liters of water a day. That's more than I drink in a week. Oy vey.

In the realm of "no soft cheeses when you're pregnant" - does cream cheese count? Because, I kind of refuse to give it up. It's one thing I can eat on toast or on a bagel that actually doesn't make my stomach curdle in the mornings. Fruit based jams or jellies? Forgetaboutit. Am I going to one-day spontaneously combust due to my cream cheese intake?

And, I could complain about my constant upset stomach or the heartburn radiating throughout my body or the fact that no food sounds appealing but I won't. I'm over it. I am just so excited about this baby that the rest is just getting in the way. So, for today, I am choosing to say life is good. Because, in the grand scheme of things, it really is good. And I am sure there will be times when I am a mother that I wish for the days pre-children when life was more simple and easier to plan. It's all worth it in the end. Well, I am choosing to believe that anyway :)

No comments:

Post a Comment