Monday, April 18, 2011

Little moments.

The little moments in life are what define you. These same moments are what keep you going and remind you that you are loved. And special. And blessed beyond measure.

Like when my husband mouthed "I love you" as he returned to work and I was on my way back home.

Like when my dad called to say "you're gone already?" and "you always stop in to say hi to your dad."

Like when I realized folding my husband's clean underwear and matching his socks was exactly what I wanted to be doing on my day off.

Like when I cleaned the kitchen just so my husband wouldn't have to on his day off.

Like when I heard mom say "I love you, bye" and I realized that she never says bye without saying "I love you" too. And that's exactly the kind of mom I want to be.

Like when I browsed the baby section at Kohl's and pictured what our future baby will look like and how proud I will be to have Kevin's child(ren) one day.

In all these little moments, I realized just how blessed I am. I may not have a house or a baby and I may not have a ton of money in my bank account or a well-paying job or that really fabulous pair of black sparkly TOMS shoes I want so badly. But I have health insurance and I have my own in-house laundry machines. I have parents that have accepted my husband as their own son. I have a mother-in-law that's more "mother" and less "in law" who loves me like a daughter. I had a beyond-spectacular wedding, that still remains the best day of my life. I have a husband that promised me the world and he tries his hardest to fulfill that promise every day. I have a dog that practices unconditional love and I have the best girlfriends a girl could ask for. See, I really have exactly what I need. It's all about those little moments that make you think "wow, I am blessed."

2 comments:

  1. You are loved beyond measure and a treasure to everyone in your life. You make me proud to be your mom and have the relationship a mom and daughter should have, I too am blessed. oh and bye, I love you! mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing, Katie Lynn Garvey! I love you sooooo much and that other guy too! Ha! Ha!
    Vegas Mom

    ReplyDelete