Monday, May 10, 2010

my mother’s day gift.

kevin and i took our mother’s to brunch on mother’s day. it was so much fun to just be with our moms and not have any distractions. it was a definite bonus that brunch included mimosas, too! :) while we were exchanging gifts, kevin’s mom hands me one. i just blurted out (without thinking) “i’m not a mom!” – she got me a gift anyway. two books on pre-pregnancy.

get ready to get pregnant  expect the best

Get Ready to Get Pregnant by Michael C. Lu MD & MPH (director of UCLA preconception care clinic) and Expect the Best: Your Guide to Healthy Eating Before, During and After Pregnancy by Elizabeth M Ward, MS & RD. I am SO EXCITED! Not only do I love to read, but since we have had so much talk about starting a family lately, this is just one of the first steps. I am one of those people that likes to know what I’m getting myself into (or as much as you can prepare for baby) before it happens. I have 2 chapters left in the current book I am reading, then I’m going to start reading these books. I’ve cracked them open once or twice already and like what I’ve learned so far. I’m sure I’ll bring some of the things I learn into my blogging. Hopefully next year, I’ll be able to officially celebrate Mother’s Day (in the womb or otherwise). Who knows? :)

2 comments:

  1. I was a little worried about your mom's reaction to the books but it all worked out. What a great idea to have just the four of us go to brunch. What a feast! I thoroughly enjoyed the whole weekend. Best Mother's Day ever!
    Love, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWW! that's so super thoughtful and sweet! how fun!

    now that i know you're soaking up baby related material, i need to create my "must read before you have a baby" list. ;0) things about midwives vs. medical, homeopathics, vaccinations, homebirthing, doulas, etc...

    i love that you're preparing so much for this new stage of life! it's so exciting and not something that everyone (me!) has/ had the time to prepare for! yay!!!

    ReplyDelete