Friday, May 21, 2010

66 years

Last night, Kevin and I engaged in our typical Champagne Thursday night routine (minus the Champagne because I had a headache) - this includes making dinner, watching The Office, getting an ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery, then returning just in time to watch The Marriage Ref. There was an adorable elderly couple on the show that had been married for 66 years. SIXTY SIX YEARS!!! I instantly fell in love with them - they just looked like they were still so in love and so happy with each other. It got me to thinking...if Kevin and I are blessed to be married that long (that's the plan), we'd each be 90 years old on our 66th wedding anniversary. July 31, 2010 marks our first anniversary as a married couple, so our 66th seems so far away. I am just so happy to think that I found someone I'd actually want to spend 66 years of my life with! Honestly, it doesn't seem like enough considering we've already been together for 7 years come December. In my heart, I have so much more to share with him than 66 years can contain. I can't imagine my life without him - our time together has already seemed to have flown by, seems like I've known him my entire life. We are the best fit and, although times are tough right now, I know things will get better. We will get the life we always dreamed of - it just may take a little bit longer than we expected. Unexpected bumps in the road only lead to more fun ride, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment