Sunday, June 14, 2009

Quality not quantity

I've been so blessed with TWO bridal showers! One for family and family-friends and the other for younger friends. This weekend my maid-of-honor slash sister-in-law threw me a friend bridal shower. It was so much fun! We accidently scheduled it over graduation weekend so a couple people were unable to attend, but it turned out to be no big deal. Some friends came from college so it was nice to catch up. I was also lucky to have some friends there from elementary and junior high school as well. I realized that I am very lucky to have the friends I do. It's so nice that we've all kept in touch for this long. Definitely rare to say the least.

Lindsi put so much work into my shower, with the assistance of my cousin slash bridesmaid Michelle. She handmade all the invitations, set out beautiful arrangements of flowers, and she even set out some of my favorite foods. Not to mention, she took the time to dip strawberries in chocolate and then put the intials KG on each one! For each attendant, she wrapped a little candle in purple cellophane, tied with copper ribbon and affixed to a tag with the matching KG initials in copper glitter. She put info about my bachelorette party on the back of the tag also. Lindsi totally thought of everything! She definitely went above and beyond to make it special for me and I'm so appreciative. It was beautiful. I wouldn't have wanted anything different.

We played a couple fun games, too. For one game, I had to leave the room and all the girls had to write down everything I was wearing. My cousin Michelle won that game--she got every detail, right down to my wedge shoes! Another game included splitting all the attendants into two groups and giving each a roll of toilet paper. They had to each design a wedding gown out of the toilet paper for me to judge. Although both teams did really well, I chose the winner because it looked the closest to my dress plus it had a very creative train on the back. I'll be sure to post photos from my shower soon! For the third game, each girl had to put a book on top of their head and draw a picture of what I will look like on my wedding day. All of the drawings were definitely humorous and got a good chuckle out of everyone!

Overall, my shower was a really fun time to catch up with friends and talk about the wedding. I got some very nice gifts--some naughty and some nice :) Ladies, if you're reading this, thank you for coming to my shower. It meant the world to me and I'm thankful to have people like you in my life.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you had a good time:) I'll make a CD of the pics for you!Love ya lots!

    ReplyDelete