Friday, June 26, 2009

Caught in a tornado

The title is definitely descriptive of my life right now. I feel like I've been swept up in a tornado and won't be released until after this wedding has come and gone. Don't get me wrong, I don't wish it would just pass me by. The stress just takes a lot out of me at times.

Alot has happened since the last time I posted! I lost my bakery and found a new one. That adventure is going to be a whole post in itself so I won't go into it now. I found my second pair of wedding shoes, after realizing the original pair I bought were beautiful but not practical or comfortable to wear for an all-day event! Two things in life make me grumpy beyond belief--going too long without food and being stuck wearing uncomfortable shoes! Therefore, I decided to take the grown-up approach by purchasing some white wedges--they are not quite wedding beautiful (they actually look like boating/yacht shoes) but they'll work! Plus, they will be cute and comfy for the honeymoon. Nobody will really see my shoes anyway, right?

I finally got my invitations out! It was a much more complicated process than it needed to be. First of all, each file was printing in different colors. Basically, the same exact file would come out two different colors. It didn't make sense since they were from the same printer and the same print catridge. The lady had the audacity to tell me that it was my fault in how I set up the file. Yes, that makes perfect sense considering you're printing 60 copies of the EXACT SAME FILE! So yes, that was irritating. Then, after many tears and a few drinks later...Not only did they argue with me about color, they also argued with me about whether my files were set up correctly (oh please!). They cut my rsvps wrong and caused them to become un-mailable. So, they had to be printed again! Then, they cut all my direction cards wrong and all my details cards wrong--bascially everything was cut wrong (some of them TWICE) except the main wording for the invitation. Then, they proceeded to blame me, stating that I didn't set up my files right. I don't understand why the printers don't trust me that I know what I'm doing when setting up files. I actually believe I know a hell of a lot more about print processing and file setup than they do. Sorry, Office Max--I am better than you! And NO you can't get trick me into believing that your mistake was my mistake. Nice try.

Okay, now that I've got that off my chest. I still have SO MUCH to do for this wedding! I am working on a to-do list and will post it soon. Those RSVP's keep pouring in so that's been really nice to see that people will be attending the wedding. It's going to be such a fun day! :)

1 comment: