Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Laundry love.


So here I am, day number 2, slowly chipping away at the piles of laundry blocking the entrance to my laundry room. The little miss likes to help mama transfer clothes from the washer to the dryer and I always let her, even though it takes three times as long. Then, when it comes time to fold, she has to pat every pile after I put a newly folded shirt or pair of pants down. Yesterday, my entire king size bed was covered in clean, folded clothes for the littlest member of the family. Today, it's mama and papa's clothes. And, instead of my usual irritation and sense of dire urgency to finish one of the chores I loathe most, I am happy. Lately, life has been so good to us. I know doing Kevin's laundry is just one way to bless his heart and it makes me happy to be able to wipe that chore off his list (especially because I don't always get to it). He works so hard for us and sometimes I get so busy with other things I forget to show my appreciation. I know I'm not always the easiest person to love, but he loves me anyway. He makes me feel cherished and special every day and for that I am so thankful. I'm the luckiest, laundry piles and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment