Thursday, May 9, 2013

Tantrum City

Sometime in the last month or so, Claire discovered that she has her own opinions...and that she can enforce them. Loudly. Complete with tears, kicking-n-screaming, and a scrunched up nose. It is quite dramatic around these parts. Let's just go thru a typical morning, shall we?

She wakes up in the morning and her diaper needs to be changed? Tantrum. Alligator tears, thrashing on her changing table, kicking mama, pulling my hair. The whole bit. Then, God forbid I have to clothe her after the bath! Tantrum. Screaming, grinding her teeth, pulling her own hair. I understand that this kid doesn't like to wear clothes (who does?) but that's just not the way the world works. She doesn't buy it. Ok, now on to breakfast. Shes been signing "eat" at me all morning so i know shes hungry. So, I put her down to cook breakfast. She comes to me asking me to read her a book. I saw no, that i will read it after im done cooking annnnnd. . . Tantrum. Flails herself on the ground, head own and bucking her legs up in the air like a wild animal. And it only gets worse - I made her eggs on a morning she wants pancakes? Tantrum. Only this time, she just says "no" a million times and straight up refuses not to eat it. On the really special days, she thrashes it all over the ground. As if the food I offered her is so terrible, it's better off on the floor. Funny thing is, she really will not eat it. At that point, plan B it is. I made her eggs and she wants pancakes? Pancakes, it is....

And I'm just stopping this wonderful play-by-play at breakfast, but it continues all day long. Don't even get me started if I have to put sunscreen on her or wipe her nose. If looks could kill, I'd be 6 feet under by now. My girl, and her tantrums, have a smile that can light up a room mixed with a glare that can make you cringe.

This tantrum thing is just a phase, right? Riiiiiiiight.

No comments:

Post a Comment