Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Oh Claire, you got me.

The deep blue of her eyes, the tiniest birth mark on the tip of her button nose, the curve of her lips, the adorable way her little chin sinks in when she's drifting into a deep sleep, those dimples piercing either sides of her chubby cheeks. Oh, the dimples!

I drink it all in, the way the corners of her mouth break and form perfect smiles that make flash appearances while she slumbers. I'm intoxicated by the sweet, warm smell of her skin and, for the life of me, I cannot keep myself from kissing that sweaty little neck whenever she stretches. Every little grunt, sneeze and whimper does not go unnoticed. Oh, and watch out for those baby coughs - swoon! How can a cough be cute? I don't know, but they can!

What an itty bitty pretty one, this girl is! She's got me wrapped around those perfectly-formed and beautifully long fingers of hers. And boy, she's got me good.

No comments:

Post a Comment