Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Under the weather.

The little one and I have finally recovered after a hard fight against a nasty cold virus. This time, Mr. Cold definitely overstayed his welcome. I learned fairly quickly that mamas no longer get sick days. It's more like a sick mama gets a day to try to recover while taking care of either a healthy or sick baby. In my case, it was the latter. Claire, bless her little heart, sure kept my whiny attitude in check while demanding I put her sickly needs first. And you know what? Sure, I would have appreciated being doted on and sure coulda used a couple comfort grilled-cheese-with-soup combos but I loved being needed more. We spent hours hunkered down in my big bed with our necessities (hers? Binky. Mine? iPad.) and a constant Say Yes to the Dress marathon looping on Netflix. We were sick, but it was still good times snuggling with my sleepy angel. Babies really do have a way of making you feel better. Glad we are all better and finally getting back into the swing of things!

No comments:

Post a Comment