Thursday, December 8, 2011

Family Baby Shower

It's been over 2 months, 74 days to be exact, since my family baby shower on September 25, 2011. I have had good intentions on getting my baby shower details and photos on the blog but sometimes, especially when pregnant, things don't always happen as soon as you'd like them to. But, like they say...better late than never, right? (minus the photos...if we wait for those, it's never gonna happen!)

My family baby shower was beautiful! It really went above and beyond my expectations! My mother and mother-in-law did such a great job planning and plotting every little detail. From the invitations to the decorations to the Whoo Loves You, Baby? owl party theme - everything was personalized, unique and matched my nursery Owl theme. The cakes were beyond adorable, they mimicked the baby shower tableware, and were from my very favorite Beaverton Bakery. Lemon poppyseed with cheesecake filling? Chocolate fudge with fresh raspberry filling? One slice of each? Yes, please.{Pregs has no shame!}

Baby photos of Kevin and I were hung up as decorations along with one of my dresses from when I was a baby. My mom also pulled my old, beloved doll out of storage to display at the shower. I hadn't seen her in years! Her bald head, her leg half-falling off and her face only a mother could love...what a great memory from my childhood. And I still love her just as much! One day, I hope Claire will love her just like I did growing up. It's the personal touches like the doll and the baby clothes that really made the day seem catered to me and I loved it. There was so much good food, great people and even better conversation.

In talking with each guest, I really got the feeling that my little bundle of joy means so much to everyone that attended. I loved answering all the questions and sharing my joy regarding becoming a mama. Best of all, I left feeling so supported and loved. All those women in one room...they've all been through what I'm about to go through and I know they will be there every step of the way to support me, guide me and love me as I transition into the mama role. Makes me smile just thinking of it.

In between visiting with guests, eating and opening gifts, we played some fun games including Baby Bingo, the clothespin game (where you can't say baby), the baby girl name game scramble and the always-entertaining measure-how-big-mama-is game. We had some very competitive people at the shower so the games got pretty intense at times. I loved every minute of it. Not only was I blessed by the attendance of my family and some very close family friends, I was blessed by their outpouring of love for my little babe. It seemed like I was opening up gifts for hours. When Kevin and I got home and unloaded all the gifts into the nursery, we couldn't believe all the clothes, baby necessities and diapers we were given. We still feel blessed and so grateful for all the love, support and gifts for baby Claire. Once the guests slowly trickled out, we took down the decorations, cleaned up the mess, organized the gifts and ended the night with family at PF Changs. Overall, it was a good day and one that I will never forget. It really made me feel so special. I enjoyed celebrating the coming arrival of my little Claire Madison with those that mean so much to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment