Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Creature of Habit.

My female coworkers were all in a frenzy about free handmade soaps that a supervisor's wife makes. She actually owns a out-of-home soap business and sells it to the public. She generously donated a bunch of soap bars that were beautiful and smelled great, but were not the correct size or were too small/large to sell. Once the email hit that he had a box of free soaps, there was a rush to his office. I went with some coworkers to check it out, but was the only one to leave empty-handed....by choice. It was then I realized, when trying to explain why I didn't want any soap, that I am a Creature of Habit. I have been using the same soap for my entire life. Dove. It's the best and the only one I prefer. (I actually love all the Dove products and you could tell by looking in my bathroom - Dove Shampoo, Dove Conditioner, Dove Body Wash, Dove Soap, Dove Deodorant, Dove Face Lotion). I find what I like and continue to use it. Although I have been swayed by the cost of making my own laundry soap vs. paying for my favorite (and very expensive) Tide laundry soap, my body soap is something I will not budge on. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment