Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Pure Bliss with automatic doors

I made the mistake of inviting my husband to Target with me tonight. Every girl knows Target is not the place to stop in to  pick up an item or two then jet out. If you just need one item, you stop into Safeway or maybe Fred Meyers, not Target. Target is the browsing shopper’s bliss. A place to find inspiration and things one doesn’t necessarily need, but somehow can’t live without. I had great plans to browse each department, with the exception of electronics and outdoor gear. I knew there were just so many things that I couldn’t live without, even though I had no clue what they were yet. Kevin had a very different plan. Before we even walked through the fabulous automatic doors, he was pressing for my list of needs: sandwich bags, paper plates, tortilla chips and vegetable oil. (Obviously, I could have gone to Safeway…but I was so excited about the potential in Target.) Considering I could count all the items on one hand, Kevin was determined to make this an in-and-out stop. At each turn, I tried to hold him back and browse through my favorite aisles…but my man was onto my schemes. We were parked, in and out, and driving away within 25 minutes. That deserves some sort of record or trophy. I barely even got to glance at the clearance clothes as we jetted toward the registers. He let me nowhere near the clearance baby racks and we breezed right passed the makeup and clothes. Men just don’t understand. Target is all about deals. Why was it Kevin’s goal to push me passed every potential purchase opportunity!?! He says because he didn’t have 3 hours to waste at Target. My belief is that he just came to make sure I didn’t walk out with anything that could be categorized as a “want” instead of a “need.” Ugh, men!

1 comment:

  1. Lol, as I was reading this I could picture me and Jeff having the same experience. I love browsing at Target and always go in there for a few items and end up spending an hour and a half just looking at everything. We'll have to go there together one of these days and then we can just browse until our hearts content.

    ReplyDelete