Wednesday, October 28, 2009

martha stewart does not live here.

so if you know me, you know i am not a suzy homemaker. not one bit, not at all. i take after my mother (no offense!) although i am crafty, all the other home-type "chores" are not my forte. i hate to clean. making organized systems is fun, but keeping them organized is another story. i can burn a bagel like nobody else. i have actually made mac-n-cheese taste horrible that not even the kids i was babysitting wanted to eat it. yes i'll admit, martha stewart does not live here. i rely heavily on my husband to cook. or else, we'd probably starve. or spend our life at mcdonalds. ugh. i have severe OCD and little things bug me. last night i broke a bowl. one of our beautiful bowls from cost plus world market. it was the first kitchenware that has broken. and i cried. it was just too beautiful...but even more than that, i couldn't get over the fact that i now only have 5 instead of 6. it bugs me that i no longer have a complete set. it's like my cupboard is calling out to me that one of the troopers is missing. i guess i'll have to buy a new one and get used to the fact that it's no longer one of the original six. yes, i have problems.

sometimes i feel like i'm a bad wife. but then i remember that kevin knew all these weird quirks about me before we got married (or atleast most of them) so he knew what he was getting into. it's his own fault because he's stuck with me, and all my craziness, now. tough noogies.

No comments:

Post a Comment