Saturday, April 25, 2009

Life in unpredictable

It just hit me--only a little over 3 months until the wedding! Although I've been very organized with all the planning I feel like I still have a lot left to do. Now that the honeymoon is out of the way (a great big thanks to Tim & Karen), we have been focusing on other things. The hot topic of the moment is where we will live after we get married. Kevin is still in search of a job, so renting an apartment with my income is not possible if we want to continue eating. My parents have offered to let us live with them if we can't get our own place, but like all newlyweds, I'm really pressing for our own place ;) After 5 years of living with roommates, both Kevin and I are anxious for it to just be us and the little Monst.

It's funny because Kevin and I both thought our lives would be so much different than they are once we were out of school. So many empty promises of the great jobs for college grads! Kind of makes our degrees feel like a waste of time. I must admit we are both feeling the stress of preparing to support ourselves after the wedding. In no way do we feel too young to get married. I promised myself and my parents that we would wait until we got our degrees. Now, after 6 years, it just feels like the next step. It's just a little frustrating to watch the economy fall apart around us right before we are supposed to begin our lives together. Leave it up to me to get married in a recession! Ha ha! The point is, we are half excited and half nervous about this big step. All we can do is jump in head first and hold on to each other. I'm sure f it wasn't one thing, it'd be another. Life is unpredictable and we've learned we just got to roll with the flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment