Sunday, March 8, 2009

It's all about the dress

A couple weeks ago, Lindsi (my sister in law/matron of honor), my mom and I went to David's Bridal to look at my bridesmaid dress choices again! My mom wanted me to try on a dress she saw hanging outside of a dressing room. Just one dress, she said. Well, one dress turned into about 20. I had a great bridal consultant who worked with me about what I wanted and didn't want. I went into the store with so many ideas of what kind of dress I was sure would look best on me. Everybody says you'll buy a dress you'd never even think to try on---that was definitely the case. After I thought I'd found THE DRESS (Dress A), my bridal consultant placed one more in my fitting room. She said "It doesn't look like much on the hanger, but I think you'll love this one (Dress B)." I tried it on and knew as soon as I slid it on it was the one because it fit me so perfectly. Lindsi and my mom both loved the dress! It's classy and elegant, but still fun. It is exactly what I never knew I wanted. But, being the worry wart that I am, I left the store to "sleep on it" in order to make sure it was the dress of my dreams.

...

My cousin Michelle and I are getting married within 3 weeks of each other. Mine July 31st, hers August 21st. So, needless to say, there's been lots of talk about wedding plans in our family. Yesterday, I went to meet her at David's Bridal to try on my bridesmaid dress for her wedding. Michelle's mom Debbie, her sisters Emily and Sara, my mom and Sophia were all there to help us pick out our attire. Emily and Sara had alot of success picking out their dresses. Me, not so much. I think I'll need to go back another time when there is not so much going on with all of us girls picking and choosing dresses.

Michelle hadn't really tried very many wedding dresses on so I convinced her to start. It's so much fun! First, I tried on the two dresses I had been debating over a couple weeks prior. I knew I wanted Dress "B" over Dress "A" but I just wanted to make sure I felt the same about Dress B. So, I tried on both dresses and paraded for my audience. I got a few "ooh's and aww's" over how pretty Dress A was. Then, I came out in Dress B...I had a huge smile on my face as soon as I saw myself in the mirror. It was the dress of my dreams. I still loved it just the way I did the first time I tried it on. I tried it on with a couple veil styles and shoes. I even stayed in it while Michelle tried on her dresses! I just didn't want to take it off. Everybody with me thought it just looked like me. That's how I knew it was the dress for me. My mom and I are going back next week to buy it. :)

Michelle found some very beautiful dresses too, but she's not sure if she's found THE ONE yet.

1 comment: