Monday, February 23, 2009

It's Official!

As of Saturday, February 21st Kevin and I are officially engaged! It all started with a surprise trip downtown. Kevin told me to get ready because we were going downtown and that he had a surprise for me. I was really excited because we don't go into Portland too often. We went to a sushi bar called Dragonfish at the Paramount Hotel for happy hour. The food was interesting but the drinks were great. Really good happy hour menu. Then, we walked from Dragonfish to Nordstroms just to browse, or so I thought. Kevin arranged to get my makeup done at MAC. I've never done that before so it was a special treat. While I was getting all dolled up, he was browsing the men's department (or so I thought!) Once I was finished, he told me we were going out to the Melting Pot for dinner. I was really excited, thinking that was my special surprise, but we don't get to go there very much. The dinner was really good. We got a nice table with I love you balloons on it tied down with a take-home white chocolate fondue bar. I can't wait to make my own dipped strawberries with it! He arranged to have our photo taken at dinner. They printed it there and put it in a nice silver frame for us. I was really happy because neither of us had our camera to take a picture of the night we got engaged. It's such a nice memory to have! Needless to say, the food was delicious and their drinks are really tasty! Now for the proposal...

Kevin had a gift waiting for me. It looked sort of like a green version of a Nordstrom bag, so I didn't think much of it. When I reached in the bag, I felt a shoe box. First, I got really excited because I am definitely a shoe girl! :) Then, I realized that it was a photo-organizing box. Inside the box was a flipped-over photo frame. When I flipped it over, I realized it was one of the frames we'd registered for. He framed a photo of the Jared bag where he bought my ring. As soon as I caught on to what was happening, I put the frame down and looked over at him. He was down on one knee, like a true gentleman, with an open white ring box in his hand. With his hands shaking and tears in his eyes, he said..."I can't imagine living my life without you. You are what makes me so happy. Katie Lynn, will you marry me?" Of course, I screamed yes! He said "oh, good!" (hahaha) and he put the ring on my finger. It was so romantic and sweet. Everything I could have ever wanted.

Now, it went by so fast and yet I remember each second. It was such a special day that we will both never forget! Every time I look down at my ring, I just smile and remember how lucky I am to have found my Kevin Malone.

No comments:

Post a Comment