Monday, February 23, 2009

Fun Details

Since all of you have so many questions about the wedding details, I thought I would add a few pictures every now and then of what I'm planning for the wedding.
My colors are going to be much like the save-the-date colors--deep, rich purple and shades of copper/orange/yellow. Much like the calla lilies in the bouquet photo at the bottom of this post. The wedding will not be overwhelmed with these colors, they will be more like accents. Our venue, the Fairgate Inn (fairgateinn.com), is indoor and outdoor so it will have a relaxed formal feel with a lot of natural color from the surrounding flowers and grass.
My centerpiece flowers are going to mimic the bridesmaid bouquets as well as mine in the sense that they will all be in the same color families (purples and coppers) but different flowers. For example, look to the photo with the Bravo sign. That photo is my inspiration. My tables will have staggering vases in my colors, with one type of flower per vase. Other tables will only have accent flowers with candles. It's fun to mix it up!
These are the boutonnieres I am doing for the groomsmen. However, I am still deciding whether or not I want all the flowers to be exactly the same, or the same colors but each a different type of flower.

All of my bridesmaids will have bouquets made up each of a different flower in the same colors. For example, Lindsi may carry a bouquet of orange/gold calla lilies while another bridesmaid carries a bouquet of copper roses. Same color family but different flower family. I like the idea of them being unique to each girl. Makes it a little more personal and different.

And finally....the photo above is my bridal bouquet! Isn't it GORGEOUS!?! I love the mixed flowers, it gives it a very tropical feel. I also love the vibrancy and richness of the colors. I am very excited to hold this on my wedding day! :)
Kevin loves it too. That's always a plus.
That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment